Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

Sunday was election day here in Germany for the European parliament, and here in our community also for Major, municipal council, and county council. I ran for municipal council. I did not get elected but I was surprised how many people voted for me. :)
I am not happy at all with the county council, some stupid people made their xxx next to the wrong name and so we have two Nazis in there now. Not enough that there are already Nazis in our state parliament ,no now they are also in the community council.
Time to get outta here.
That is the part of our democracy that I don't like.
Everybody knows what they're up to but nobody can do anything as long as they don't break the law...
Well I don't want to go to deep into it now, but if anybody wants to talk about it, feel free to contact me.
On Sunday I also did some phone calls. First I spoke to a friend of mine that I didn't see for almost 2 years.
We met as Au Pairs in New York and while I extended, she went home after one year in August of 07.
We spent a really nice hour talking about good old times and that was really nice.
We also made a plan to meet at some point in August in Berlin and I am really looking forward to it.
Later on on Sunday I watched a movie (Die Hard but the German version) and then at around 2 am I figured it would be a nice time to call my last host family in California.
So I spent a nice time on the phone with them.
I especially liked the part where they told me that the kids still talk about me a lot, even more then about the Au Pair they had after me. :)
After I got off the phone I went to bed - and was wide awake til 5:30 am. The phone then woke me up around 9 am and afterward I was not able to go back to sleep.
So the Monday was practically wasted since I was tired all day.
In the evening I took part in another test and then stayed up late again since I was not able to go to sleep.
On Tuesday I slept til 1 pm and wasted the whole morning which I would have needed to make some phone calls.
A good part of the day I spent with writing a list for the employment agency.
They want to see my efforts to get a job.
Unfortunately some of the data I needed was (and still is on a memory card). Since I broke the card reader there is a problem with getting that data back.
I intended to fix it myself but needed I screwdriver which I couldn't find so I had to wait for my Mom to get home.
When she finally came back she found me a screwdriver.
It even fitted the screws and I was able to take 3 of 4 out.
The 4th did not come out at all.
I guess I damaged it when I tried to use a knife on there in my impatience.
So I had to try something else.
I dug through my stuff and found the very old camera that card came with.
And after I found an usb-cord to connect the camera to my laptop and after I charged the battery, I discovered that there is no software for this camera to use on Vista. So I went to bed happy...
Today I will try to connect the camera to my Moms old computer and see what happens...
I also have to make some phone calls and do some other stuff so I guess I won't be bored today... :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment