Sunday, December 20, 2009

you gotta be kidding me!

Since Friday was the last day of school this year, there was no language class on Saturday.
So this is the first time in quite a while that I have a complete weekend off.
I slept in, then I cleaned my apartmentpart of my apartment , took a shower and then walked over to the bakery to get me a cinnamon roll. They are my finding of the week. Of course they don't get anywhere near Cinnabon but they are delicious anyways.
So I got me one of those, walked back home and had a late breakfast.
Then I bundled up to go to town for my Christmas shopping.
To sum it all up: Next years Christmas shopping will be done online!
There were so many people out there, way too many...
First I went to an electronic store, looked at some stuff there and then walked over to Staples (yes we do have Staples here and I love it!!) and looked there.
I found gifts for both of my brothers. Actually the gift for one of them and part of the gift for the other one.
Then I waited outside in the freezing cold to take the bus to the city.
In the city I first walked around to locate the stores I wanted to go to.
I have to say I LOVE this city. They not only have 2 (or 3, not sure) Starbucks, they also have The Body Shop and Lush. Sweet.
I didn't go to too many stores but since the shops are spread over the city it took quite a while.
And it was cold.
In between I gobbled down a slice if pizza in less than a minute because it was cold and I had to take my gloves off in order to eat.
I still felt hungry so I went to McDonalds and got me some fries, which I ate while standing in a corner.
No seats available, place crowded.
The whole city was crowded.
After getting the presents for my Mom, I went to Starbucks for a little treat.
Here is where the post title comes into the game...
The barista told me that I couldn't have a sleeve for my cup since I was wearing gloves and that should do the trick.
At first I thought he was joking but he was not.
I had no grip on the cup with those gloves but I could not take them off either since it is so friggin' cold here.
This was the first time I went to this Starbucks and certainly the last one....
I am just glad that there is more than one Starbucks in this town. :)
After this unpleasant experience ( I think I am safe saying that this would not have happened in the States) I went to one last store, where I didn't find anything but a nice giftbag.
I am not completely done but I didn't feel like taking the train for 30 minutes to get to a store similar to walmart to look there.
I know I will find something for my brother there but since there are branches of this store near where my Mom lives, I will just go and look there, when I am home for the holidays.
I went back home and didn't do much afterwards.
Just watched some TV (numb3rs) and this years holiday episode of NCIS, then went to bed.
Today I set the alarm to get up in time to get to the bakery (they are open from 7-11 am on Sundays) just to find out that they don't have the cinnamon rolls on Sundays.
Great.
So I ended up with some other stuff which I will eat during the day, while relaxing, some more cleaning and watching sports...

Hope you all have a nice Sunday!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Heihei! Nice blog. I love your design!!!
    Greetings from the South of Germany...

    Deia

    ReplyDelete