...yesterday we had the last class in this semester.
It was on a Wednesday since today is a holiday in my part of Germany and nobody wants to go to school on Friday.
I spent this nice holiday studying.
Well, most of the time.
We have exams coming up, the first one on Monday.
Obviously I am pretty busy.
So I just made a list of stuff which I will do after the exam, to look forward to.
You can find it in the right sidebar.
This list might be extended during the next days though.
Do you have any suggestions what I really HAVE to do after the exams? ;)
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
1. How do you pronounce the word aunt? Does your pronunciation rhyme with ‘haunt’ or ‘can’t'?
2. Do most of the people in your life know you blog? Or are you partially or totally anonymous?
No, there are not many real life friends that know about this blog.
Hi to those that do. :)
None of my family members knows about this blog.
They are just not into blogging and somehow I doubt they would understand the purpose of a blog.
I did share the address of this blog with some friends that I met online but did not meet in person (yet).
So they are online friends but I did not meet them through my blog.
3. When you grocery shop, do you prefer to bag your own groceries or do you like it when the store bags them for you? Paper, plastic, or reusable bags?
Since I live in Germany getting my stuff bagged is not an option here.
I did enjoy the baggers in the US though.
Normally I bring my own basket to the store or a reusable bag.
Bags are not free here in Germany ans I don't see the point of forking over 0,10 Euro each time I buy groceries and then I would have to get rid of the bag too.
4. Do you have a green thumb?
I found one sort of plant that does not die under my watch.
They live a long happy life on my window sill. And they even are still alive when I get back from 2 week vacations. :)
5. If you watch the Food Network, which chef/show host is your favorite?
I am not watching it.
6. Do you like to take baths? Do you take them very often?
I love to take baths, I don't have a bathtub though. Only one of those little shower tub things. So I have to reduce bath time to when I go to my Mom's house.
There I take at least one nice long bath per stay, with a good book and a cup of coffee.
7. What color are the walls in your kitchen?
Some ugly wood color, I don't have a real kitchen, I just have a pantry that hides in an ugly closet in my living room.
The living room has white walls though.
8. Do you prefer to dine outdoors or indoors?
I love eating outdoors on a balcony or terrace. Since I don't have either at my place , eating outdoors is limited to stays at my Moms house or a friends house or school where we have a really nice sitting area with a lake.
9. Describe your ideal weather.
Actually I like all seasons, so there is not "THE" ideal weather for me.
10. If you could learn any foreign language, which would you choose to learn?
I would like to learn Spanish, that could come in handy in some parts of the US.
I also would like to brush up my skills in Norwegian (took one class but remember much) and Finnish (same like Norwegian).
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
I am assuming we're talking cell phone here...
I have a Samsung flip phone. Nothing fancy, I can talk and text and it can even take blurry pictures. It's kind of outdated but since I am just a poor student it does the trick. I would LOVE to upgrade though.
2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
I got my first cell phone when I was 18 and got my license. I think I was the last person in class to get one. :)
3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?
5 I guess but only two of them were brand new when I got them. My first one and the one I have now. The other ones in between were old phones from my parents which they gave to me when they got new ones due to their contracts.
4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?
I do the prepaid thing and every once in a while I put 15 Euros on my card.
5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?
No, we had one phone and that was it.
We even went without a phone at home for like a year when I was 9 or so and I had to walk down to the public phone to call my best friend who lived 3 hours away.
And no, I did not grow up in the 50ies, I am not even 30 yet, we just moved into the German Democratic Republic right after the wall came down and well, it was a tad different there.
6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?
It depends on to who I am talking.
7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?
I prefer texting because it is cheaper and texting while driving is illegal here. I am not doing it and I don't answer calls while driving if my headset is not plugged in.
8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?
Just plain buttons after it's flipped open. And I am ok with that. I can text blind with my phone in my pocket.
9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?
It was my Mom who wanted to know why I am not answering my land line. (I was at the store at that point)
And I think Mom also get's the price for calling the most. :)
10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?
I think it was a 6 hour phone call with a friend back in the day.