Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday




1. Mac or Windows? (Or Linux for you super geeks!)
Windows.
2. What drew you to that operating system?

kind of habit and the price
3. Mice – Wireless or Wired? Mouse pad or none?

I don't use a mouse at home. At school they are wired with no mousepad.
4. Other than the Internet – What do you use your computer most for?

picture storage, iTunes, writing lab reports, doing excel stuff, some html and so on
5. What’s one computer-related thing you wish you were best at? (CSS, Photoshop, Excel, etc.)

Would love to be able to do more programming. And excel at Excel. :)
6. Describe the first time you ever used a computer.

Back in the 80ies my Dad called us in his office to show us his first computer. And we got to play a game at which elephants (made of characters) had to be led into a fenced area
7. How often do you upgrade to a new operating system?
I don't upgrade. I use my computer til it dies and then I get a new one. This one here is actually only my second own computer ever. The first one I got when I graduated high school, when I moved out and needed one for myself. And it is still running at my Mom's house. :)
8. Are you a short-cutter (CTRL+C) or a right-clicker?

Short cutter.
9. Is computer-use a constant thing in your life (such as using it both at work and home) or do you get a break (because you don’t use them at work)?

My computer is my BFF. Just kidding of course but he has a huuge role in my life, I work on it, I spend my spare time on it...
10. Where do you think the world would be if personal computers did not exist?

I can't even begin to imagine.
People would spend so much more personal time I guess, meeting in person to talk instead of chatting.
More handwritten letters would be sent...
On one hand a nice thought, on the other hand a tad scary too...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment