Thursday, January 1, 2015

reality check

As 2014 came to an end I was thinking a lot about this "New year, new you, first page in a blank books" stuff.
I really didn't like my 2014, and had only a few times where I was really happy, and I kept looking forward to 2015 because some major changes are going to happen in the second half of 2015.
However, looking at all the bad things that happened to other good people this past year, I really got off easy.

I am alive and fairly healthy, same for my family. I did not loose a loved one this past year.
Friends came and went but I have a few that I can always count on, no matter how far apart we are.
I don't have much money, and outings and fun times are rare. But I don't have to go hungry or cold.
I have a roof over my head and food on the table.
I didn't have to flee my homecountry in fear for my life and the lives of my loved ones.

Sometimes a reality check is really eye opening.

The things I am unhappy about would make someone else really happy to have.
So I decided to be grateful for what I have, suck it up and  keep on going and hopefully by the end of 2015 I can change most of the things that bother me right now.

Here is to a Happy 2015 for whoever reads this! ;)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think sometimes it's ok to be a bit unhappy, even though compared to others one didn't have the worst fate. After all, if you always tell yourself you could have it so much worse why would you try to do better?

    Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging! Just found your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete